Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let's Start with Introductions

One of my favorite movies is The Sound of Music. I love all the songs, but especially the "Do, Re, Mi" song...The line that goes, "...let's start at the very beginning..." is what I'm thinking about now. So here goes...
I am just beginning a journey of new discovery. I'm not sure where this journey will take me, but I'm excited to discover new things and rediscover things that I have lost over the years. At 41 yrs old (ok...42 yrs in November), I'm about to have an empty nest and a new career.

I'm a mother of three great kids (yeah, I know everyone’s says that their kids are great). Brielle is 20 yrs old and a junior in college. Kaitlynn is 18 yrs old and has just graduated from high school. My youngest is 15 yrs old; my son Timothy will be a sophomore in high school in the fall. Tim has just moved to live with his dad in Maryland and both of my daughters are launching out on their own this summer to begin their lives of adulthood...or something like that anyway. 

I have lived in Charlotte for 5 yrs now and I love living in the south. Charlotte is a city mixed with southern charm, urban sprawl and a small bit of sophistication.   My life here isn’t ordinary, but it’s not worthy of a reality TV show either.  The purpose of writing this blog is to remind myself (and maybe some of you) of the many things in life that get sweeter with time...so here goes.

Cheers to us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment